Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spring in the Desert

We've been having an absolutely incredibly beautiful spring here in AZ. The Palo Verde trees are still in bloom and are very impressive! This shot is from a neighborhood yard. Iin fact the owner came out to see what I was doing taking pictures of their 'house', but I assured her I was just enjoying their blossoms and she wished me a good walk and went back into her house!
Found some pretty, beach-colored candles, so our spring has included a few new arrangements with two of my favorite things -- shells & candles. I was able to use some of the shells that I brought back from Ireland last summer, although they are not in this shot.





Quail are abundant in our neighborhood, but I seldom see one this 'high up' LOL They are usually scurrying along the ground. I love this shot.







Then there is the 'ballerina' cactus. I really thought this cactus looked like it was wearing a tutu! Maybe doesn't translate as well in the photo, but is fun to think about anyway :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment